This is one of my favorite salmon recipes, it’s a perfect mix of sweet and salty, not overbearing at all. Salmon is one of those things you do not want to mess up, don’t overcook it, don’t over season it, or it is completely ruined. I would start by buying wild caught salmon – it is the best quality, try to avoid farm raised salmon at all costs. If you are making more than two pieces of salmon, just double or triple the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- two 6-ounce pieces salmon fillet
- In a small bowl whisk together honey, soy sauce, lime juice, mustard, and water.
- In a small non-stick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and cook salmon 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and just cooked through.
- Transfer salmon to 2 plates.
- Add honey glaze to skillet and simmer, stirring, 1 minute. Pour glaze over salmon.