I love homemade fudge brownies, and this is one of my favorite recipes that I use. The crust is perfect, and the center is gooey. You can sprinkle with powdered sugar if you’d like, eat them plain, or add a delicious fudge frosting. I like brownies without walnuts, but you can add them to this recipe if you want to.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In 3-quart saucepan over very low heat, melt butter or margarine and chocolate, stirring the mixture constantly. Remove from heat, and stir the sugar into the chocolate. Allow the mixture to cool slightly. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the walnuts. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in oven 30 to 35 minutes. Brownies are done when toothpick inserted into center come out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Yields: 12 servings