I love this recipe because it takes very few ingredients and everyone enjoys it! Most of these ingredients are already in your kitchen. You can use toothpicks instead of wooden skewers if you prefer, and any type of cheese you like.
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 to 14 fresh small mozzarella cheese balls, cut into thirds*
- 32 (4-inch) wooden skewers**
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Thread 1 tomato half, 1 piece of cheese, and another tomato half onto each skewer. Place skewers in a shallow serving dish.
- Whisk together oil and next 3 ingredients. Drizzle oil mixture over skewers; sprinkle with basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, may be substituted.
Yields: 8 servings