One of my favorite desserts is brownies and I love making homemade crust and frosting for my fudge brownies. This recipe calls for boxes fudge brownie mix, but if you want to go all out, check out my HomeMade Fudge Brownies, which you can make with this crust and frosting recipe. You can pair these brownies with vanilla ice cream, for a really great salty and sweet flavor. I LOVE it! 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) Betty Crocker™ fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).
- In medium bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press in ungreased 13×9-inch pan.
- Bake 8 minutes; cool 10 minutes.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir brownie ingredients until blended.
- Carefully spread batter over cooled crust. Bake 24 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean.
- Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- 3 In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, melted chocolate and the vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until combined.
- Beat in 1 tablespoon milk until blended. Beat in additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting is desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled brownies; sprinkle with crushed pretzels. Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
Yields: 32 servings