I absolutely love hot chai tea, and this iced chai tea recipe is so much better!
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 6 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 8 black tea bags
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup milk
- Bring the peppercorns, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cardamom pods and 4 cups cold water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the tea bags and let steep 5 minutes.
- Discard the tea bags, strain the tea mixture into a large measuring cup and discard the spices.
- Let the tea mixture cool at room temperature for at least 10 minutes, then chill completely in the refrigerator, about 1 hour.
- To serve, fill 4 tall glasses with ice.
- Divide the chilled tea mixture among them.
- Whisk the sweetened condensed milk and milk together in a small bowl or large measuring cup until smooth, then pour 1/4 cup into each glass.
- Stir and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings