I love mojito’s, they are refreshing and low in calories, there are so many ways to make them, you can add strawberries or even raspberries to make it sweeter. I prefer to use Bacardi as my rum of choice.
- 5-10 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces white rum
- 1/2 cup club soda
- Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass.
- Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice.
- Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar, and muddle again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture. Fill the glass almost to the top with ice.
- Pour the rum over the ice, and fill the glass with carbonated water.
- Stir, taste, and add more sugar if desired. Garnish with the remaining lime wedge.
Yields: 1 serving