This is a great vegetarian comfort food, I absolutely love butternut squash and this entree is perfect!
- 1 (4 pound) butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1/3 yellow onion, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Toss the squash, onion, olive oil, 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs, thyme, and blue cheese in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a large baking dish. Sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs over the squash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on top, 35 to 40 minutes.
Yields: 6 servings