I love this recipe because it makes vegetables taste so good. If you want to add a layer of pizza sauce you can, but make sure your portions aren’t too crazy! I think the pizza is just fine without the sauce. If you do not have pizza dough, you can always use wheat pita bread
- 1 lb. mixed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- ¼ c. Fresh basil
- 1 lb. pizza dough (thawed, if frozen)
- 4 oz. part-skim mozzarella
- 3 c. arugula
- Shaved Parmesan
- Heat the grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; fold in the basil.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the pizza dough into two 10-inch rounds.
- Place on a baking sheet and brush the top of each round with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Transfer to the grill, oiled-side down, and cook, covered, until the tops begin to bubble and the bottoms become crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Brush the top of each round with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Turn over, sprinkle the grilled sides with the mozzarella and cook, covered, until the bottoms are golden brown and crisp and the mozzarella has melted, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board.
- Fold the arugula into the tomato mixture. Spoon the mixture over the pizza; top with Parmesan, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings