- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch Swiss chard – rinsed, stems removed and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small chopped tomato
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add Swiss chard, cover and cook for 4 minutes. Uncover and mix in the pinto beans, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper. Cover and continue cooking until the chard is wilted, about 4 more minutes.
- Transfer the chard to the baking dish and dot with goat cheese, pushing it down into the dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the goat cheese is warmed
Yield: 4 servings (216 calories per serving)