- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divid
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot add broccoli, carrots, onions, bell peppers, zucchini and garlic. Saute for 7 minutes; set aside.
- Place flour in a medium saucepan and gradually whisk in milk until well blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in spinach. Reserve 1/2 cup spinach mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage and ricotta cheeses; stir well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of spinach mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Layer noodles, ricotta mixture, vegetables, spinach mixture, and 2 cups mozzarella cheese, ending with noodles.
- Top with reserved spinach mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Cool for approximately 10 minutes before serving.
Yields: 12 servings