- 2 lb. Shrimp
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 clove garlic
- ⅓ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Place shrimp in a large bowl and sprinkle with basil, salt and cayenne pepper; toss well.
- In another large bowl, combine garlic, oil, tomato sauce and vinegar; whisk until blended. Add shrimp and stir until evenly coated.
- Cover bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent charring.
- Lightly mist grill with nonstick cooking spray. Once coated, preheat to medium heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Discard leftover marinade.
- Place shrimp skewers on grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until shrimp turns opaque.
Yield: 4 servings