If you have not tried spaghetti squash, I suggest you do! This recipe is a healthy alternative for eating pasta, without all of the carb filled noodles. It is so filling and good, honestly I prefer to eat pasta this way rather than the traditional! If you are on a diet or just trying to eat better, this recipe is worth a try. You can even add vegetables, ground chicken or turkey if you are not a vegetarian, or even a homemade marinara sauce if you’re into that.
- 2 whole spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Gray salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups prepared (jarred) marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Split the squashes in half and scrape out seeds. Line an oven tray with aluminum foil.
- Season the spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place flesh side down and roast for 30 to 40 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile heat the marinara sauce in a large saute pan.
When squash is cool enough to handle, using a large kitchen spoon scrape the strands of squash from the inside of the skin.
- Toss the spaghetti squash in the pan with the hot marinara for just long enough to get hot. Serve and enjoy.
Yield: 8 servings