Guacamole is one of my favorite things to eat, I love when it’s chunky and just SO delicious! I also love avocado, and considering it’s good for you, that’s a plus too! You can eat guacamole with chips, pita bread, or even vegetables (carrots, cucumber, peppers). I also love adding avocado to my smoothies, as it doesn’t flavor the smoothie at all but still offers the nutrition value. You can make this guacamole without the tomato if you like.
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt.
- Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic.
- Stir in cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings