Homemade pancakes are a little time consuming, especially in the morning, but totally worth the effort! Plus, who doesn’t love blueberry pancakes? Of course, you can substitute anything else for the blueberries, such as nuts, chocolate chips, etc. If you follow the recipe, two pancakes is about 35 calories.
- 1 1/3 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl, beat milk, egg and oil together.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture, and stir until the flour is moistened.
- Add blueberries and stir gently.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle and cook until browned. Flip and brown the other side.
Yield: 6 servings