Chocolate Covered Strawberries is one of my favorite desserts, especially for Valentine’s Day. I love making them for my boyfriend and they taste just as good as Malley’s, if not better! It saves a lot of money, and doesn’t take much time at all! Considering my boyfried devoured these as soon as they were done, I did not get a chance to wrap them in plastic bags and tie red ribbons around them. These can make really great party favors, or small gifts for friends as well.
- Milk, dark, or white chocolate
- Warm chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid clumps. I wouldn’t warm up too many chocolate chips at once, as it does tend to harden after five minutes, which doesn’t make for good strawberries!
- Cut the ends (leaves) off the strawberries.
- Using skewers or whatever you have on hand, dip the strawberries in the chocolate and let cool on parchment paper. I like to cover with milk chocolate and drizzle white chocolate over them. It can get a bit messy, so be prepared!
- You can freeze the strawberries for about 15 minutes if you’re in a rush, or just keep refrigerated so the chocolate hardens on the strawberries.