A cute morning or dessert drink on Valentine’s Day for your sweetie!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole coffee beans
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate (61% Valrhona), chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate-covered coffee beans, chopped
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, 1/2 cup cream, and whole coffee beans.
- Bring to a simmer, turn off heat, cover, and steep beans for 1 hour. Strain liquid and return to saucepan; discard beans.
- Bring the milk-and-cream mixture back to a simmer, add chocolate, and whisk until incorporated.
- Remove from heat; whisk in Kahlua.
- Whip remaining 1/2 cup cream and the confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form.
- Divide the hot chocolate between two cups and garnish each portion with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of chopped chocolate-covered coffee beans.
Yield: 1 serving