I absolutely love sweet potatoes and love this recipe. You can take out the pineapple if you like, as I know some people do not like it. Instead of pineapple, you can substitute for brown sugar which is also good with a tiny bit of butter. This makes for a great healthy dessert too! Each serving is about 200 calories.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Cut a slit into the top of each potato. Carefully scoop out the pulp from the potato, leaving the skins intact; place the potato in a large bowl. Add the margarine and pineapple to the potato and stir together. Stuff the potato mixture back into the reserved potato skins. Sprinkle the pecans over each potato.
- Return the stuffed potato skins to the oven; bake another 12 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings