This recipe really makes a good Asian style chicken in your own home! It’s very easy to make and really only takes about a half hour to make. Prepare this with some white rice or lo mein noodles and you have authentic Asian right at home! Or check out my Cauliflower Rice as a healthy alternative!
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce (if you like more heat use hot sauce, like Frank’s brand)
- 1¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowls, place cornstarch and slightly beaten eggs. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture. I have also found that you can put the cornstarch in a gallon sized bag and shake the chicken to coat.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, buffalo sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, water, salt and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour.
- I stirred the chicken every 15 minutes so that it coated them in the sauce