- 1/2 pound whole-wheat pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly shredded dinosaur (lacinato) kale
- 1 small yellow beet, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 small red beet, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 500° F. Coat dough with 1 tablespoon oil and press onto a rimmed baking sheet in a 1-inch thick layer. Bake until edges are golden and dough is puffed, 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 425° F.
- Combine kale, beets, remaining oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Arrange vegetables evenly over pizza crust, then top with goat cheese. Return to oven and bake until kale is wilted, beets are softened slightly and cheese is melted, 9-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with vinegar and top with walnuts.
Yield: 4 servings