- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup walnut halves
8 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
1 1/2 cups organic vegetable stock
1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/2 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine squash, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper on a baking sheet; arrange in a single layer. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until tender. Add walnuts to baking sheet; bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until toasted. Cool slightly; coarsely chop walnuts.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
4. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, stock, vinegar, and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat; simmer 8 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Combine pasta, squash mixture, walnuts, stock mixture, parsley, and sage in a large bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 6 servings