- 2 delicata squashes
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 bunch kale
- 5 oz (140 g) mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- Wash, dry, cut lengthwise in half and deseed squashes.
- Cover squashes in olive oil with your hands and season flesh with salt and pepper.
- Place squash halves cut side up on a baking dish and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook quinoa as instructed on package.
- While quinoa is simmering, peel and chop onion and peel and crush garlic.
- Wash and destalk kale and chop, wash and chop mushrooms.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan over medium heat and once hot fry onion and garlic until translucent, then add kale and mushrooms and fry until tender.
- Once quinoa is cooked add to Kale and season with salt and pepper.
- Once squash is roasted take out of the oven and fill with kale quinoa stuffing.
- In a small bowl mix together tahini and olive oil and pour dressing over squash halves.
Yield: 4 servings