For the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp turmeric
For the “Pasta”:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced thin
- ½ small onion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- ⅓ cup organic edamame
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- hemp seeds for garnish
- salt and pepper, as desiredFor the “Pasta”:
- Toss spiralized sweet potatoes and julienned carrots in large pan, add vegetable broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper and onions to pan and cook additional 5-7 minutes or until veggies are tender, similar to the texture of cooked pasta.
- Add edamame and peanuts to pan, stir to combine and cook 1 more minute then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, add all items for sauce to bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Pour Sriracha mixture over cooked veggies and toss to coat evenly.
- Divide pad Thai between two bowls, top with hemp seeds and cilantro, then serve!
Yield: 2 servings