Recently I’ve been on a DIY kick – buying supplies from Amazon and making things myself because in the long run it’s cheaper and funner. Why would I go to LUSH to spend $10 on one lip scrub, when I can make tons with the same amount of money? Lip scrubs are one of the many things I like to make myself, and these are some of my favorite recipes.
If you want to make multiple lip scrubs and give them away to people, try these 5 Gram Plastic Containers. These are also great for lip balms.
A lip scrub is a good way to exfoliate your lips and take off dead skin. It’s important to use a lip balm afterwards as well.
Starbucks Mint Chocolate Chip Lip Scrub
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp castor oil
- 1/2 tsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp coffee grounds
- apx. 3 drops of peppermint oil extract
- Mix sugar, castor oil, and peppermint oil together
- In a separate bowl, mix cocoa and coffee grounds together
- Now, combine both mixtures, adding as little or more of the cocoa mixture as you please.
Brown Sugar Vanilla Lip Scrub
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp honey or agave nectar (I used agave nectar!)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Add honey or agave nectar in a bowl with the olive oil
- Add the brown sugar and then the vanilla extract
Pumpkin Pie Lip Scrub
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Mix all ingredients together and wa-la!
Strawberry Lip Scrub
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 strawberry
- Mix olive oil on honey
- With back of a spoon, smash strawberry and mix with lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients with the sugar